Windows Classic Search
I'm used with the classic search option. I don't have to wait for that damn lazy dog to show up 'till I can search something.
This tweak allows you to disable the new Search Assistant and use the traditional search interface in Explorer.
1. Start - > RUN -> regedit
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ CabinetState
3. Create if it doesn't exist a string key named "Use Search Asst" ( without the quotes ) and set it to no ( the default is yes )
Windows normally only includes registered file types when searching for files and folders. This tweak can be used to enable searching of all file types.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex
3. Set FilterFilesWithUnknownExtensions to 1
These settings allow you to change the default search options used to search for files and folders on Windows XP.
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
3. Set to 1 to select one of the following:
- CaseSensitive - Case sensitive
- IncludeSubFolders - Search subfolders
- SearchHidden - Search hidden files and folders
- SearchSlowFiles - Search tape backup
- SearchSystemDirs - Search system folders